Tuesday, November 22, 2016

New Area, New Companion, New Trainer, Lots of see you laters

Hey friends and family! So this week was crazy fo sho! We worked super hard this week, brought 5 people to church, have a baptism set for next Sunday... and I get transferred. Bummer. Elder Fowler and I both got transferred out of Villas to a different Zone called Chuviscar! He got bumped up to Zone Leader and I’m training a greenie! 
Bryce and Elder Fowler (both transferred to a different area)
We all packed last night and are now in the new zone but we don’t have a house yet... we are going to be looking for one this week with some help from our new Bishop and the Ward Mission Leader and other members. Hopefully we can find a house quick and get on our feet a bit in the area.  We are splitting the area with the sisters that are already here, so we split the area down the middle and made a new area. We are opening an area out of a bigger area basically.

Goodbye Elder Harrison, See you soon Elder Fowler

Elder Chan, Elder Fowler, Bryce, Elder Harrison (All four were transferred out of the "Big House")

Goodbye Elder Chan

Goodbye Elder Chan and Elder Harrison
My companions name is Elder Garcia. His desire to spread the gospel is so strong and he is ready to talk to anyone and everyone about the gospel! I’m super excited to train though even though it is a big responsibility! I’m not sure who my district leader is, but I’m sure we’ll find out soon who it is.  We are living with Fowler and his comp until we can find a house. We live about 30-40 minutes from my last area.  Fowler is my new Zone Leader so we won't be too far apart! We are definitely going to hang on p-day!

I’m a trainer now or Senior  Companion. My comp is cool so far! Can’t really gauge him very well after 3 hours, but so far it’s been good! He’s itching to work and share the gospel, so it shouldn’t be that hard to train him honestly! 
He’s from the state of Mexico, by Mexico City. We are going to be living alone instead of a big house with four guys. https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gifHe’s fresh off the airplane! He’s tall but he’s a bit thicker too. I think I’m a bit taller but we make a big companionship!  
Elder Garcia (New companion) and Elder Johnson at the internet cafe - Elder Fowler is in the background with his new companion.
This week we had a baptism set for President Snow for the upcoming Sunday, but I got changed, so I’m hoping that I can go back to baptize him. I think President Montoya is kind of strict on that so we’ll see. Nain brought his whole family to church yesterday which was amazing! He didn’t even tell us it was happening; he just kind of brought them and showed them everything in the church! We’re going to keep praying for him to know baptism is right and to take that first step soon!https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif

Oh! And I saw Muciño! He’s training again this cycle!
Muciño is in the Maroon sweater.  He was Bryce's first companion and trainer in Chihuahua
There were just a lot of shoes so we took a pic, because we haven’t ever been to that part of the area before because it was at the very edge super far away. I never knew what it meant in the first place...
There was a parade for the Mexican Revolution celebrated on November  20th The school by the house had a parade with all of the kids and it was super cool!  This was the view from our upstairs window.



But that’s about it for this week! Hopefully I’ll have more interesting things to share and that we can have a house by then hahaha. But until then the work goes on! byyyyeeee!!!!