Monday, August 15, 2016

Week 18 Random Pictures with Horses??

I can’t believe it’s already Monday, this week was so fast. The days are starting to blur together and usually I can’t believe I’m lying in bed at night. We got to listen to a General Authority on Tuesday! I think he’s a Seventy, but his name is Elder Hugo Montoya, President Montoya’s brother! We worked really hard this week and almost completed all of our goals which is really good in contrast with other weeks. My Spanish is improving slowly but surely because I speak it practically all day with Muciño. we have a couple investigating the church. Well the husband is  less active and his wife is not a member. We visited them almost every day this week, and one of the visits started with them fighting in front of their house while we waited in their gate, she came back crying and started to tell us what happened, then he came back and they started fighting again, and they asked us to come back later. so we’ve been really focusing on them and helping them understand and learn. They want to learn and we have a baptismal date for her on the 20th of September, so were doing everything we can to prepare them. so yeah. fun times.



Letters from Home

Brady's Picture



The kids are from a less active family we have been visiting. they start school next week and brought out their backpacks and school stuff to show us, so I took the five year old´s my little pony backpack and wore it and they wanted a picture with sunglasses on our heads.



The hello to you is in my talk notebook that I stole for talks and history notes. it was a nice little hello from home haha.  (This is Brenda - I'm known to doodle when I'm on the phone.  Bryce took this notebook from home and ran across one of my doodle pages)


We usually only eat with members and at home at the end of the day. we have one big meal at about 2, and snack every other time because the members feed us a ton. I write in my journal every night, but I write a lot and I can’t bring it with me because my bag is too small. The pineapple salad video was great. Savanna said they named my uke something else but I told them no it is the pineapple.


I was having trouble at first, but I’ve been having a lot better time recognizing and following the spirit. yesterday I saw a miracle. we left super early to wake people up for church and it was still raining and people didn’t want to come, so I said a prayer that the rain would stop for an hour, only an hour and that we could bring at least 6 people to church. I realized after I ended my prayer that the rain had stopped and we brought 6 people! an investigator and her daughters family and a couple others. it was such a blessing to me and I have learned that in lessons the things that usually pop into my head are what the spirit is telling me to say. it’s really cool. We have transfers every 6 weeks, but it depends on how long you or your comp have been in an area. or maybe not. idk how they decide who moves. I’m safe because I’m training, but others in our zone might be transferred. even my companion might be transferred because he’s been in this area for 4 months



 We eat a TON of spaghetti here. with almost every meal the members feed us spaghetti. it’s really weird but it’s usually good so we don’t complain. and I’m not picky anymore when the members feed us. it’s all super good so I don’t worry about it the thing is, they feed us a main dish like pizza, or chicken or other Mexican foods and serve spaghetti on the side. but we haven’t had the same food twice and we always eat a ton! it’s so hard to stay awake after meals because I’m so full. oh and we had Dominos Saturday because members gave us money, and Muciño and I bought our own pizzas, and I ate the whole thing. which means I’m getting fat.