Monday, August 8, 2016

Move to new house - 3rd week in the Field


I’m actually really good! I can’t believe that its already Monday. This week was sooooooo much better than the others. It was fast, I’m getting more accustomed to everything and it’s just getting easier overall. Friday was tough though. We moved in with the other Elders and had to move a bunch of stuff that the mission owns out of our house to a third house and it was really hot that day. We then walked really far to a different area to help the Hermana’s in our district with appointments. I’m pretty sure I got heat exhaustion because I just felt terrible. I went into one of the bathrooms of a less active and threw water on my face and drank a ton from the faucet. It got better once it started to cool down but I still needed rest. The neck cooling towel drys too fast so I haven’t been using it. It was also a problem because our old house didn’t have water after 8 or 9 in the morning so I couldn’t wet it again, and I think I’m just getting used to everything and settling in. The culture shock is almost gone and I’m understanding better every day.

I recorded Savanna's song last Sunday when we were walking and getting ready to take our suit coats off. We walked in them a lot yesterday too before church because we didn’t have time to drop our stuff off at the church before picking up investigators, so I sat in sacrament almost drenched in my suit. It was bad I got super cold after. I think it was from the air in the chapel and that my shirt was wet. I don’t know about getting them dry cleaned. I’m assuming yes, but we haven’t gone yet.

It was funny on Wednesday or Thursday we were walking and my companion got a phone call. We were by a dirt field with two kids playing baseball. I went over and asked if I could pitch to them. So I started playing baseball with two 11 year old Mexican boys. It was so much fun and I felt like Dad on Fathers and Sons playing wiffle ball with all the little kids at home. it was a nice little memory of home that I had forgotten.

I got your package on Wednesday and I love having so much music it’s fantastic! In the mornings I play music while I shower or wake up and it’s so nice not having to sit in silence all day. The rubber chickens are great haha we had a fight with them when I opened them at the end of the night. Oh and thanks for the brown doggy. I was looking through my package for food yesterday and saw a little thing wrapped in tape and saw it was the brown dog. I thought it was funny because we I already took the white one haha. My favorite thing was the surprise doggy I think. it was a fun little unexpected family joke. It felt like i was home again.
The brown and white doggies
I’m going to tape all of the letters I got on my wall in front of my desk. Caleb wrote a little letter and told me about his talk and gave me the talk to read. It was really cool to see that I was a role model. I didn’t think I had that big of an impact on them. Brady’s picture was hilarious. He drew a picture of us and our animals, including Cracky in Heaven. It was hilarious I should’ve taken a picture. I miss them all like crazy. we haven’t had a proper nerve war in over 2 months! Keagan asked when I was coming home because everyone misses me.

Oh we got to watch Olympic soccer this week! I forgot they were even a thing. It feels like they were just here in London though.

I love living with everyone. We've been with them for the past weeks for district meetings and zone conferences and stuff. They’re the zone leaders and so more people live in the house for less rent. Today we played football and soccer and cleaned the house. We’re going to get groceries after this and do service and we have an appt with the Bishop and an investigator at 8.