Friday, December 15, 2017

WEEK 78 Elder Oaks, Transfers, Baptisms....

So first off, it snowed on Thursday!!! It was so cold and it snowed alllll daaaay. We had planning so we were in the church, but working after was crazy. So we walked in the snow and played a little bit until it got too cold. I had temps and his comp sleep over Thurs night so we could leave to get to the bus stop early and on time at 8. When we get there they tell us we can't leave until the police have checked the roads and cleared them for ice. Then we wait 2 hours to leave, and the buses were full so some of us stood. It's usually a little more than an hour trip, but the roads were backed up for the ice, so it took 2 1/2 hours to get to Chihuahua.  So we stood in the bus for the ride then when we got there, we ate, went to clean a church building and practiced the choir. The worst part was that I've had a cold because they gave us flu shots, so I've been waking up really stuffed and feeling it in the throat, and everyone was the same so we were really worried about the choir. but we practiced it and Sunday it turned out really stinkin good! It was the best it ever sounded, but we couldn't record it... but we were all posed for the pic with Elder Oaks waiting, and we could all literally feel when he arrived and was outside. it was nuts. It was a force that could not be denied. Then his message he gave was intense too. He's so clear in his teachings and he says it with such power I was blown away. Then Sunday we got to the conference center where they held the second meeting, and it was soooo full of people. I saw lots of members and missionaries, but after wards I saw all of my converts and their families and the cool families from my mission and I was on cloud 9. it was a superb weekend.  

Pics of snow, new comp and reunion with friends at the conference with Elder Oaks.

Bryce and new comp Elder Lopez
Snow Day:)


Elder Martinez
Elder Shaw
Elder Requena
Elder Garcia

Juvenal told me he wanted to come to transfers last week but I didn't think he was actually going to do it! He came to say goodbye to another missionary that leaves tomorrow. It was funny because i was getting to the assistants house and then he pulls up and gets out. I was shocked. jaja.  It was so cool!!!!  This was Bryce's Ward Mission Leader in Parral but most importantly one of his best friends.  I found out the Elders in Delicias will be traveling down to Parral for Christmas Day.  I'm so excited! Christmas with family.  He'll also get to reunite with Elder Shaw and Requena.  What a fun Christmas Day and a great reunion.


Bryce found a giraffe tie!  We are very happy about this :)



Ok so I'm in Delicias, to the east side of Chihuahua, but not so far as to pass Parral.  So it's flat here and I've only been here for 30 minutes. (I think this is the first city Bryce has been in where there aren't mountains to climb).  
So anyways on Saturday we were in the church all day for baptisms. We had the baptisms of the sisters at 10am, so we were down there early making the baptismal programs and getting the font ready and all of that jazz. I baptized the oldest, and the zone leaders baptized the other two. We then left after the service and all of the small talk and congratulating and went to eat, then came back for our baptisms at 4. There was a problem with the clothes, because the jumpsuit we had didn't fit the kid, so we had to put his white shirt on and put it over the legs of the suit. It was pretty funny and it was such a powerful service! The testimony of the Mom that got baptized and her brother, who baptized her were so strong and everyone was crying. and in the talks before hand, the daughter that is already a member shared a talk and her testimony and everyone was crying then too. I didn't cry but the spirit was so strong that it was crazy. Made me think a lot of Doctrine and Covenants18:  
15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!
I didn't get to go to the confirmations because they took me to Chihuahua before my ward even went to church  So they got them all confirmed, but I was in a bus.  We did get to go practice for the choir at Presidents house! and we watched the Christmas devotional there too!  That was super powerful.  We then spent the night at the Assistants house so we could get up early Monday morning and practice all day and prepare more for Elder Oaks.